Building Custom Homes with Integrity
As a Design/Build Custom Home Builder since 1987, The Carrell Group has designed nearly 1000 homes and built nearly 800. We design the high majority of homes we build and have been doing so for 25 years. Our founder, Bruce Carrell, takes great pride in defining the company as a “Custom Design/Build Firm.”
Clients often change their minds – wanting to move a door, change a cabinet, add a bonus room, or move a wall. As a true custom builder, we react with ease to these desires, exceeding our client’s wishes. That is the benefit to choosing a custom builder over a franchise, or less flexible building organization.
Our Design/Build Process is truly a unique and custom experience. Many builders try to sway prospective clients toward a model or close semblance thereof; not the Carrell Group! We sit down with our clients and listen to their wishes; often in the same meeting, Bruce Carrell will start to sketch his understanding of their dream home. Many clients are amazed at Bruce’s design capability, starting with the most basic level of drawing on tracing paper. After a few sketches and tweaks back and forth, the clients and our Carrell team feel a very unique bond of creating a work of art together. This is the truly rewarding process of choosing true custom builders.
The Carrell Group is also one of the most experienced and “cutting edge” custom builders in the Carolinas. We feel using state of the art techniques and materials can only enhance a client’s vision of their dream home.
- In house 2D plan design and 3D design and renderings available at no charge to our clients.
- To date, we have built over 70 Insulated Concrete Form Homes (ICF), more than any other builder in the Carolinas.
- ICF Builder Magazine – WINNER – Best ICF Home, Unlimited Division.
- Extensive experience in FORTIFIED Construction ® (Disaster Resistant).
- The Carrell Group is often sought for field advice from the Insurance Institute for Building and Home Safety regarding FORTIFIED ® Construction.
- Energy Star ® certified, utilizing green and sustainable building practices whenever possible.
- Multiple year winner of various Parade of Homes contests.
Green and sustainable building, coupled with state of the art technology, utilizing engineering designed for a worst case scenario, all presented with beautiful and functional design – this is what will make the home timeless and everyone involved extremely happy. If a client can visualize their retirement home, second home, or new primary residence, they will not be disappointed in the custom services and experience that the Carrell Group offers.